Translate this page / Traducir esta página

Search This Blog

From the Kitchens of Pancho Villa has been awarded the honor of "WINNER" in the "Cookbooks: International" category of the 2014 International Book Awards!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Microwave Brownies


Have you ever just NEEDED something sweet AND chocolate but couldn't find anything in the cupboard or fridge? I was in this predicament a week ago and since it is so hot and humid this time of year (most days lately it's 94% humidity), there was no way I was going to fire up the oven. So I searched for something I could make in the microwave. I have tons of unsweetened chocolate, and just biting off a chunk is not that satisfying. In my search, I went to my favorite website, www.foodnetwork.com and found a recipe for Microwave Brownies. I have made it 3 times and it comes out perfect each time. So, I want to share this with my 'chocoholic' readers. 
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Directions

Put the butter and chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds to melt the chocolate. Set aside. 

In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. 

In a large bowl sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add the egg and chocolate mixtures along with the vanilla and stir well to combine. 

Spray an 8 by 8 by 2-inch or 8-inch round microwave-safe glass pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan, spread it out evenly, and scatter the chocolate chips on top. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 3 minutes before cutting and eating.
(Mine comes out perfect each time at 5 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or review:

As seen on:

As seen on: